Monday 8 September 2014

Simone's unseen Battle

It is in great sadness and deep condolences that I write this post.

The theme of this is unlike anything I have written here so far, and I really wish the circumstances leading to this did not happen at all.

Honestly speaking, I have not listened to much of GRL as they differ from my usual taste, but I highly acknowledge their talent and respect how far they have come. Despite not having much to do with this band and not having much knowledge of their music, I, like many others, have been truly rocked by the loss of dearest Simone Battle.

To tell the truth, I am surprised by how much this loss has shaken me. I mean, I did not know the band or their music well before hearing the news, but the situation came with great great sadness to me and I have not been able to shake the thought from my mind; we have lost a true talent.

I really don't have much to say in regards to the loss because I do not believe it is my place to give details. It was unrecognisable that Simone was dealing with anything that might have caused the tragic departure, and perhaps this is yet another factor adding to the shock. I think the GRL girls summed up all of our emotions perfectly on instgram;


source: @grlnatasha official instagram
source: @GRL official instagram
source: @grlnatasha official instagram
You were a talented, beautiful and inspiring woman who left far before your time. All my best wishes go to her family, friends, and the lovely GRL girls during this time.

Love and best wishes always,
- Stella xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment