Wednesday 10 September 2014

Ghost - Ella Henderson

Okay, I'm not really a huge 'pop' music fan (by pop music, I mean the generic radio music). Although I was up late finishing an art piece for school the other night and this midnight music show came on that just played lots of pop film clips. Amongst the One Direction, and 5 Seconds of Summer I found a gold mine.

"Ghost" by Ella Henderson. (Yes, I realise I am extremely late to the discovery of this song also).

I have heard this song playing at work a few times but I had never taken the time to listen to the lyrics. It's brilliant. I wish I wrote it. I really do. It's eery and haunting, yet catchy and quite fun. I really do love this song.

I will admit that it is definitely not my usual style of music, but I really think the lyrics just captured me. It was written by Ella Henderson, Kenan Williams, Noel Zancanella, Ryan Tedder (the guy from One Republic....once you know that you can really hear his input, in my opinion) and Michael Daley (who I am guessing is not the Australian politician, despite Wikipedias insistence).

The film clip is also really cool. I find it irritatingly interesting. Irritating in the way that I want to know more, I want to know the story of what's happening; follow it, follow the characters. I want to know more!

I don't know, there's an annoying part of me that screams "this isn't my usual taste, stop liking generic pop music, you're 'cooler' than this". But fuck that inner thought. This isn't generic pop music, this is brilliant, and I like it a hell of a lot.

So I'll shut up, listen for yourselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment