Wednesday 4 June 2014

Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros cut Jade Castrinos from the band

I feel as if I am witnessing a break up between a couple that were made by the heavens. 

Edward and Jade from Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
(not my image, link below)
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros have played a huge role in  not only my life, but many lives throughout the world. 
Like many, I have spent hours and hours listening to songs such as Home (I apologise so much for my favourite song being the most cliched choice possible).



Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros are an indie-folk/rock band from Los Angeles, California. They formed in 2007 as a collaboration between Alex Ebert and Jade Castrinos. 
Unfortunately...I am heartbroken to type...that the band has parted ways with the much adored Jade Castrinos. 

I was not quick enough to get a screen shot, as it was deleted and changed, but the awful news was initially announced via Jade's Instagram 'bio' which stated:

"For seven years I sang and wrote music with Edward Sharpe. They voted me off of tour a week before they left, via email. lol"

In my opinion I feel as if that 'lol' is more of a 'Lord Oh Lord (WHY?!)' than a 'Laughing Out Loud'. I know I am wondering why?

In reply to this sudden announcement, the band posted this:


I think it is safe to say that this is an awful situation and loss to fans, but also to the band. As much criticism as we may have for them, it is hard to understand what has gone on without the information. 

Perhaps this post is "beneath [me] and it is grotesquely damaging', but I do think that if this sort of news is going to be broken to a fan base as passionate as theirs, in a way such as this, than an uproar is expected.
I'm sure I speak for many when I say I am distraught with the news, but I also pass on my best wishes to Jade, Alex, Nora, Christian, Mark, Orpheo, Mitchell, Seth, Josh, Stewart, and Christopher.

Missing them already
(not my image, link below)
- Stella Grace xxx

Images: 
http://www.mtv.com/artists/edward-sharpe-the-magnetic-zeros/
http://whenthegramophonerings.com/2013/08/22/wtgr-premiere-edward-sharpe-the-magnetic-zeros-country-calling/



No comments:

Post a Comment