Thursday 4 December 2014

Steroid filled Stereo

I really try to not making any harsh judgements on things without having experienced them myself or having enough really great evidence in my favour. So honestly, I have attempted for long enough to give Stereosonic a chance. Don't get me wrong, never have I once even contemplated thinking about wanting to attend the festival...I just thought I wouldn't completely discourage it as I never have (and hopefully never will) experienced it personally.

Stereosonic is a music festival pretty much known purely for having a lot of DJ's, shirtless steroid filled, fake tanned, dyed and gelled haired men in wife beater singlets shirtless...they are all shirtless. Exhibit A:



There could be the same photo twice there...sorry if there is, I just couldn't tell BECAUSE THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME ANYWAY, and I can't look at them for long enough to notice because I feel like I'm getting all their bleach, and tanner, and chemical enhancers in my eyes purely by looking at the photos.

Anyway, there's a bit of an uproar at the moment because of the violence that has occurred at the festival's Sydney event. Men are swinging punches and going crazy, showing off their overly high testosterone levels by acting like complete and total imbeciles in public.


So to be honest, as hard as I am ripping on this festival, I do understand there are fights everywhere. Although I will point out that this particular fight left a man unconscious and yet it's said the fight has not yet been reported to officials, and it is unknown whether the man suffered any serious injury.
That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard...but the question is what can be done to avoid this sort of thing? Is it going to come down to even tighter drinking and drug restrictions? Or will it be more severe consequences for those acting disorderly?

But with that all in mind...here's the link to their website, buy a ticket, get a tan, bleach your hair, steroid it up, burn all your shirts. It will be fun:

http://stereosonic.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment