Monday 20 May 2013

Lewis Watson Review

I was just watching some of Lewis Watson's old covers on YouTube and realised that I haven't, as of yet,  written anything about Lewis!
I'd firstly like to mention that this 'review' (if you can even call it that) is going to be extremely bias because Lewis Watson is my favourite artist as well as a real inspiration of mine...to tell the truth, he is the reason I joined YouTube in the first place haha.

(Lewis Watson (this is not my photo...I wish))
Lewis Watson is a UK musician, he joined YouTube mid 2010, playing a cover of a Bombay Bicycle Club's song, Swansea. Since then Lewis has become a sensation, building up his fan base to the amazing 61K (YouTube) subscribers he has today. 
Lewis has produced multiple EPs including 'It's got 4 sad songs on it btw', 'another 4 sad songs', 'The Wild' as well as his upcoming EP - 'Four more songs'.

I really respect Lewis Watson, not only as an artist, but as a person. I mean, I do not know him personally but I have been watching his videos and listening to his music for a long time, and even with the growing amount of fans he is getting and with his rapid success, he has managed to really stay grounded and not let all the success change him. And, not going to lie, but I think its for this reason that a lot of his fans seem to be really connected...and as cheesy as it sounds, a bit like a family. I think, the way Lewis Watson stays in touch with his fans, makes it really seem like we know him personally, although we don't, its nice to know that he really does appreciate and recognise his fans for all they have done.  
Despite the amount of shows that Lewis Watson is doing, and the amount of travel he is doing, he still manages to stay in touch with all his fans, whether that's via YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or his website. By doing this, it really shows that he loves his fans and appreciates them for everything they have done. 

I got the chance to see Lewis Watson early this year when he was on tour with Birdy and Lakyn Heperi, and he was phenomenal. Really and truly, he was professional yet very down to earth on stage. His stage presence was perfect and he captured the audiences attention so well. He was funny and charismatic, yet professional and captivating, which really is refreshing compared to some of the artists we see nowadays.

It is a little bit scary writing about Lewis Watson, as there is no way to put it all into words, and I am terrified to make a mistake in my explanations. He truly is a major inspiration of mine and many others, he has come so far in a matter of months and he should be more than proud of his well deserved success.

I think, to really understand where I am coming from...you'll have to check him out yourself (please trust me, you will not regret it)  -
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HolyLoowis
Website: http://lewiswatsonmusic.com
- Stella xo

Photo used: http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/KZnT5q2tdvrl.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment